Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Hey Wayne what do you think?
Hey Wayne what do you think? [message #28204] Mon, 30 October 2006 19:16 Go to next message
moray james is currently offline  moray james
Baron
I posted this at speakerplans after omeone asked for a single 12 folded horn. I was kind of surprised that there was zero interest. I am not a horn designer but these looked god and not overly complex and Bec seems to know what he is up to. So I will ask here. Anyone build any of the Beck horns? Are there serious flaws to his designs? The measurements seem a bit optomistic re output but not out of line with some other makers. Anybody done any kind of evaluation on these horns?

Does anybody here have any direct experience with the Beck horn designs? Beck built and sold these in Germany for a time. The horns would seem to be clean well designed and of reasonable size. I am curious why they do not seem to be very popular. Thanks for any input. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.egbeck.de/speaker.htm

Re: Hey Wayne what do you think? [message #28207 is a reply to message #28204] Wed, 01 November 2006 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those designs look fine to me. I don't see any reason they wouldn't work well.

Re: Hey Wayne what do you think? [message #28210 is a reply to message #28207] Wed, 01 November 2006 21:34 Go to previous message
moray james is currently offline  moray james
Baron
Thanks Wayne: that's kinda what I figured but I really had to wonder why they are mentioned so little. Regards Moray James.

Previous Topic: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Problem: Dropping out of channel?
Next Topic: slot loading for horns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:34:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout