Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Bass speakers
Re: Bass speakers [message #27957 is a reply to message #27954] Wed, 08 September 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Fitzmaurice is currently offline  Bill Fitzmaurice
Grand Master
John Sheerin is in a better position to know, but I believe that most Daytons are Eminence sourced. In pictures the motors are different but the frames appear identical between the LAB12 and the Titanic III. Another giveaway is the lack of a 'Made in China' stamp on the Daytons, as well as packaging identical to Eminence's. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Dayton (Parts Express house brand) actually makes anything themselves.

Re: Bass speakers [message #27958 is a reply to message #27957] Sat, 11 September 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph is currently offline  Ralph
Viscount
About your bass speakers, it looks like they have several ducts. Is the rear chamber ported on your horns?

Re: Bass speakers [message #27959 is a reply to message #27958] Sun, 12 September 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I do vent my midbass boxes, though the venting is optional. With venting the Fb is lower, but SPL a bit lower as well around Fc, so vented vs non-vented is a matter of whether you want a wider bandwidth or maximum SPL. I recommend that if you run them stand alone you vent, but if used with a sub that you stay sealed.

Re: Bass speakers [message #27960 is a reply to message #27959] Wed, 15 September 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Do you happen to have measurements of a speaker of yours that is vented verses one that is non-vented, with everything else the same for comparison? I'd like to get an idea of the differences.
Thanks,
Ralph

Re: Bass speakers [message #27961 is a reply to message #27948] Thu, 16 September 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kramer is currently offline  Kramer
Chancellor
Do you offer flat pack or driver kits?
Maybe sell good/better/best?

Re: Bass speakers [message #27962 is a reply to message #27960] Sat, 18 September 2004 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Yes, I've made several of my midbass horns both sealed and vented. Send your email address to me at billfitzmaurice@aol.com and I'll send you a picture of a chart or two.

Re: Bass speakers [message #27963 is a reply to message #27962] Sun, 19 September 2004 16:06 Go to previous message
Viscount
Thanks, please send to me at uberaion (at) mail (dot) com.
Ralph

Previous Topic: Adire Tempest horn sub
Next Topic: Bill Fitzmaurice - Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 04:37:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers