Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Mesa boogie triple rectifier makes no noise
Mesa boogie triple rectifier makes no noise [message #27638] Sat, 06 December 2008 23:57 Go to next message
Jon is currently offline  Jon
Esquire
I just purchased a used Triple Rectifier and within about 3 weeks it wouldn't turn on. The repair guy said that he repaired a short in the power supply and replaced the fuse and a tube, and that the rest of the tubes were questionable. I got it back, and now it turns on but when i plug it into the cabinet it wont playback any sound at all on channels one and three, and on channel 2 (supposed to be distorted) it plays back a really quiet clean sound. I tried with 3 different guitars and tried my guitar on a different amp so i know it isn't my guitar. Do i just need to replace the tubes or could something else be wrong?

Re: Mesa boogie triple rectifier makes no noise [message #27640 is a reply to message #27638] Thu, 08 January 2009 15:43 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, sure, it could be something else but your technician did say the tubes were marginal. I would swap tubes and see if the problem persists.

I like to have a set of spare tubes for all my tube amps. That way I know I have a backup handy. When a tube blows, I swap from spares and buy new to replenish my personal stock.

Previous Topic: Good DIY speakers
Next Topic: need advice re speaker replacement ohms watts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:24:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout