Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Fender vibrochamp recap question
Fender vibrochamp recap question [message #27454] Fri, 20 July 2007 22:11 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've got an early 70's silverface vibrochamp that still works fine and has the orginal tubes in it except for the 12aX7. Anyways, I'm sure this thing needs a recap to reach it's potential and was curious what ya'll might recommend as replacements.

Re: Fender vibrochamp recap question [message #27455 is a reply to message #27454] Mon, 23 July 2007 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I usually use polypropylene capacitors and I've been happy with Solens for bang-for-the-buck. I've also used Auricaps, Kimber Kaps and Audio Note capacitors but each of those are pricey. My experience has been with tube radios and hifi amplifiers though, not guitar amps. Still, the electrons are the same color. I'd give Solens a try.

Re: Fender vibrochamp recap question [message #27548 is a reply to message #27454] Thu, 31 January 2008 19:03 Go to previous message
Hayden Hallgren is currently offline  Hayden Hallgren
Esquire
for the coupling caps (in the amp it should be the big brown, or blue, depending on the year. I'm not sure when exactly it transitioned over) i would suggest sprague orange drop capacitors. You can get them at boiaudioworks.com or at ampwares.com along with other places. The sites should explain the rest.

Previous Topic: Yet another (but more specific) impedance question
Next Topic: Help! – P.A. System Receives Radio Station
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 00:38:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout