Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Suggestions for a blues amp?
Suggestions for a blues amp? [message #27446] Fri, 01 June 2007 03:37 Go to next message
gnome is currently offline  gnome
Esquire
Hi, I'm in the market for a new amp and since the options are pretty overwhelming, I thought I'd seek some advice. I want something that will give me the right tone for a BB King-style blues, preferably for not more than £150 ($300) as that's about as far as my budget can stretch. In terms of tone I hear that tube amps are the best option, but I'm still relatively new to the technology and the sort of maintenance these things apparently require scares me a little. Any suggestions would be appreciated enormously, thanks.

Re: Suggestions for a blues amp? [message #27447 is a reply to message #27446] Sat, 02 June 2007 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
I think a tube amp would definitely be the way to go for blues.

I'm not sure what the distribution is, but here in Canada I notice Traynor is still making amps, and a friend of mine used to have one that sounded pretty good. I think they're pretty rugged, too.

I don't have exact prices, but I think they're reasonable.

Re: Suggestions for a blues amp? [message #27494 is a reply to message #27447] Sat, 13 October 2007 10:55 Go to previous message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
B.B. King uses the following amps:

-Fender Twin
-Gibson Lab Series combo (solid state)

I did a google search and that's what I found out. Maybe you can try these two types of amps for the blues. Do some more research about the two above mentioned amps. I personally use marshall, good for my stlye of guitar playing(heavy metal).

Willyable

Previous Topic: Recording on to PC?
Next Topic: Cool Websites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 03:47:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers