Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Fender Bass amp sound fading out
Fender Bass amp sound fading out [message #27330] Tue, 05 September 2006 14:47 Go to next message
Gforce215 is currently offline  Gforce215
Esquire
I own a Fender BXR 100 Combo bass amp which I bought used a year ago now. Its solid state...so I know tubes are not my problem. One day I was playing at no more than half volume and all of a sudden my sound faded out down to a dull thud. I tried turning it on and off and playing the volume, but nothing changed. So I asked a friend who is somewhat amp savvy what he though it was,his advice was to replace the speaker.
Three days later after not playing the amp I turned it on and tried it again....it played at normal volume for about 1 minute before fading out again. DO you think its a dead speaker? Or something more serious?

Please help!
Thank you

Re: Fender Bass amp sound fading out [message #27333 is a reply to message #27330] Sat, 09 September 2006 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gforce215 is currently offline  Gforce215
Esquire
No the speaker....got a brand new speaker and still fades out after a minute of playing

Re: Fender Bass amp sound fading out [message #27334 is a reply to message #27333] Sun, 10 September 2006 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Probably something with power supply (diodes, caps...), but if you`re not skilled enough to find it, then trip to the tech is in order...

Re: Fender Bass amp sound fading out [message #27378 is a reply to message #27334] Sat, 30 December 2006 16:29 Go to previous message
CELT is currently offline  CELT
Esquire
More than likely bad power supply caps. Modern Fender amps seem to have a higher than normal capacitor failure rate. Another thing to check are the plastic input jacks. If the metal retainer ring has fallen out, the plug will move around and make/break contact.

Previous Topic: Crown XTi Amps and JBL Speakers - Do I need an additional crossover?
Next Topic: 3BX III Transistion Level Potentiometer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:22:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout