Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Adding a cabinet to my 65W solid-state amp
Adding a cabinet to my 65W solid-state amp [message #27256] Mon, 20 March 2006 21:29 Go to next message
Dr. Ronald is currently offline  Dr. Ronald
Esquire
Ive got a vga v-guitar amp from Roland. I bought it a few years, and between my amp and my ibanez jet king I dont see myself changing anytime soon. My amp only has 1 12" and 65W, and it has a line out. I'm wondering if theres a way to get a cab for my amp, or if a powered amp and cabinet would be sufficient.

Re: Adding a cabinet to my 65W solid-state amp [message #27340 is a reply to message #27256] Mon, 25 September 2006 04:36 Go to previous message
Biggizmo54 is currently offline  Biggizmo54
Esquire
Roland has a potential to feed badly without some degree of suppressing its high end...I would consider using a driver of eqal wattage and impedence. You may want to add a 4/10 cabinet. Alamo amps had an attentuator control built into the cabinet to suppress feedback and hiss. I used Roland back in the 70's and early 80's.
It also goes well with Peavy 4/10 cabinets. Remember to find a driver that will not over power yor primary drive. This only leads to dualing speakers.

Previous Topic: my marshall doesn't work right!
Next Topic: JC55 ROLAND / ultra compressed sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:24:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout