Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Mesa Boogie Rectoverb series 2 - Faulty
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb series 2 - Faulty [message #27224] Tue, 07 February 2006 05:34 Go to next message
Richard Mills is currently offline  Richard Mills
Esquire
Can anyone tell me if my 5 month old, hardly use Rectoverb should have broken twice already. Are Mesas normally this unreliable ?? And does anyone have a contact email address for the Mesa boys in the USA cos I'm not getting much joy from the UK dealership....Thanks

Re: Mesa Boogie Rectoverb series 2 - Faulty [message #27228 is a reply to message #27224] Fri, 10 February 2006 01:33 Go to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Hi Richard,

Lemme guess, the switching relays have broken twice already. Mesa has had trouble with one thing or another since the '80s, but as a whole they've always been pretty reliable as far as mass production amps go. But, their quality has indeed declined.

There's no e-mail for the factory, but their contact info is:

Phone: 707-778-6565
Fax: 707-765-1503

9:00am-5:00pm Pacific Time (GMT -8 hours)
Monday through Thursday

Mesa/Boogie
1317 Ross St.
Petaluma, California
94954 USA

You mentioned your UK dealership. Have you tried the authorized UK service center?

Westside Distribution Unit C ,139 Lancefield Street Glasgow G3 8HZ
Contact Tel + 44 (0) 141 248 4812
Fax + 44 (0) 141 248 4813
Email info@westsidedistribution.com

The international service e-mail address to use if your country doesn't have an authorized service center:

E-mail - internationalservice@mesaboogie.com

Sadly, I also had a bad experience with Mesa. I ordered a brand new amp, and it motorboated (bad filter cap) right out of the box, the first time I turned it on. I called the factory and they told me to return it. I told them no, just send me a new cap and I'd replace it myself, that I was an amp tech, had been working on the things since I was a kid, and had swapped a zillion caps by now. They said it would void the warranty if I replaced it, that it had to be done by the factory. Mesa has their name printed on every component in the amp that's large enough to allow it (including the filter caps), so they'll know if anything has been changed. Good grief!

Well, I was afraid that down the road it would blow a transformer and I'd get stuck with a very expensive repair that they wouldn't cover if they saw a cap that didn't have "Mesa" on it. They told me they'd reimburse me for shipping it to the factory but never did. AAMOF, the best I remember it was returned COD for return shipping costs.

I could tell about some other things they've done since then as well, but suffice it to say I'll never buy another Mesa. Their customer service is the pits and their business ethic is about as good as the Mafia.

Good luck, Richard. I certainly hope your Mesa Boogie experience is better than mine has been.

Thermionic

Previous Topic: Okay tube gurus
Next Topic: heads n cabs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:03:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers