Home » Audio » General » Keeping cool while vibrating viscera
Keeping cool while vibrating viscera [message #26856] Sun, 19 November 2006 19:45 Go to next message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron

Just happened on this odd bit of audio contrivance. Interesting theory, is it plausable? It's price tag shore aint.

Re: Keeping cool while vibrating viscera [message #26857 is a reply to message #26856] Sun, 26 November 2006 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, if you "need" sound all the way down to DC, you have to have a constant pressure source, a pump or a fan. Is it useful? You decide.

Re: Keeping cool while vibrating viscera [message #26858 is a reply to message #26857] Mon, 27 November 2006 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron
Nope, not useful for me. Especially for that price nor a sizeable fraction there of. Just thought it was wierd and could occupy space on this scantilly addressed part of the forum.

Re: Keeping cool while vibrating viscera [message #26859 is a reply to message #26857] Fri, 02 March 2007 22:56 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilk is currently offline  Bill Wassilk
Chancellor
Can do,
/*Well, if you "need" sound all the way down to DC, you have to have a constant pressure source, a pump*/
1)And it can be done, and cause structual damage. I just can't do it because i haven't patented yet, and you need certain requirements for it to work, like 4"min reinforced concrete for starters. And "ALL" building inspectors would not of approve it.

/*or a fan. Is it useful?*/
2)Thought about this for a while back in the late 80's, using like old pipe organ pipes to re-produce the sub freq. up to -x- freq., but it was in-effienent. The PSI having to be generated vs. the SPL requirements out of the pipes, and the pipe length's envolved.

CONCLUSION:
So your looking at at least $100k min, @480v 3phase, for starters for number 1)"TO DO IT RIGHT".
And in case of number 2)Well you better have room for a certain amount 64' pipes and air compressors, to generate at least what I think was 320PSI to hit 16Hz hard.

Previous Topic: Lone Star Audiofest News
Next Topic: Dagogo March Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 15:29:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout