Home » Audio » General » Lansing Shearer Horn/ IPC System
Lansing Shearer Horn/ IPC System [message #26685] Tue, 22 January 2008 19:51 Go to next message
Joe Newman is currently offline  Joe Newman
Esquire
I have this system and I'm looking for information on it. What I've found out so far is that it is the Lansing Shearer Horn 75W5. It has (4) 15" field coil speakers LU 1010, 2 HF drivers LU 1011 and the wood baffle system. Also have IPC amps, etc. Can anyone enlighten me on it further? Rarity? etc. Thank's...Joe

Re: Lansing Shearer Horn/ IPC System [message #26686 is a reply to message #26685] Wed, 23 January 2008 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Amazing. That's a classic theater system with a lot of history. Read about it at the link below.

Where is this system? Do you have it in your home or is it stored somewhere? Do you listen to it very often?

Re: Lansing Shearer Horn/ IPC System [message #26687 is a reply to message #26685] Wed, 23 January 2008 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Newman is currently offline  Joe Newman
Esquire
I live in Hillsboro, Oregon and about a month ago our old home town theater was being remodeled, I (through divine intervention) was able to contact the owner, looked at it, made a deal and it now is all in my garage. the day I got there to do the removal he had his scrappers just about ready to do away with the projector room amplifiers, etc. So, I told them I wanted them and they left'em alone. I used to go to this theater as a child, so it was quite remarkable that I was able to end up with it. Really didn't know what I was getting. I believe it is in working condition, it was the system that was used up until the mid 1990's. I'm a vintage audio collector, but this is something that's hard to get my brain around. I read the link you sent me, thank's so much for the info. I don't know what the protocall on this fourm (as I'm new), but would you have any idea of the value for insurance purposes? Thank's...Joe

WOW [message #26688 is a reply to message #26685] Sun, 03 February 2008 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Glad to see you saved it from the scrap heap. What an amazing score. I'm jealous!!!

Re: Lansing Shearer Horn/ IPC System [message #26689 is a reply to message #26685] Mon, 11 February 2008 03:34 Go to previous message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
At the same audio show in NYC (mid 1950's) that I have mentioned in other posts where the AR-1 speaker was introduced and the hit record of the show was Fabulous Eddy Osborn playing a giant organ, I came upon a little approximately 8' x 12' hotel room. How they did it I don't know, but somehow they had in there one of these systems. The Bass horn was this type but made of metal, probably iron painted black - at least I thought it was metal and occupied one wall. There was a single, huge bell shaped multicellular horn also lying on the floor with its driver in one corner and the bell, which must have been 4' across standing on one edge. I have never heard such a clear, soft, silky sound before that I can recall. There was a sweet young thing sitting there in front of this monster for at least two days listening to the same Fabulous Eddy record over and over. I asked her if the sound didn't get fatiguing after two days within a foot or so of this brute, and she said not a bit. I could believe her. It had come from a theater in NYC (Roxy?) and was not for sale. I have no idea what the room was there for. I hope that is the kind of sound they have in heaven.

Previous Topic: 65,000th post prize
Next Topic: Welcome to SoundStage! Magazine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 13:36:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout