Home » Audio » General » Saba 70K : best German made (moderately sized) vintage speakers?
Saba 70K : best German made (moderately sized) vintage speakers? [message #26618] Sun, 13 May 2007 10:57 Go to next message
Gagug is currently offline  Gagug
Esquire
Hallo, I used to own a pair of these nice Saba 70K
deluxe 4 way speakers back in the late 70´s
I sold my Rogers speakers, because the Sabas really s(w)ing,
you wont believe it untill you have the rare chance to listening to a pair of nice old SABA Speakers. Sadly my wife wanted a pair of electrostatic "flat" speakers so I bought a set of Quad ESL..
Funny I still miss the very good bass response of the SABA 70K..
Saba is highly underrated and undervalued (to my mind...)
Has anybody here some more experiences with German made SABA or telefunken / DUAL vintage stuff?
Their speakers are really nice and not too big.
I mean these speakers, sorry I dont have an own picture:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270117365605&rd=1&rd=1

Best regards

Peter

Re: Saba 70K : best German made (moderately sized) vintage speakers? [message #26657 is a reply to message #26618] Sun, 14 October 2007 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiran Kesarinath vaidya is currently offline  Kiran Kesarinath vaidya
Esquire
Dear sirs,
i also use Saba 70K. i sue it with 300B amplifier.
These speakers are so good that i prefer it to the custom made speakers worth $1500.
Best Regards
Kiran VAidya

Re: Saba 70K : best German made (moderately sized) vintage speakers? [message #26707 is a reply to message #26618] Wed, 18 June 2008 18:21 Go to previous message
Wahoo is currently offline  Wahoo
Esquire
I own several old Telefunken;Grundig and Canton speakers and have heard the Saba's >>>nothing sounds like these old speakers and it is uncanny how you can listen to things for thousands more and still go back to these and enjoy them more ~! I know as I have been in the business for thirty years

Previous Topic: Hexbug!
Next Topic: Norris--email trouble.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 03:58:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout