Home » Audio » General » Bunch of Cool Stuff
Re: Bunch of Cool Stuff [message #26564 is a reply to message #26562] Thu, 10 August 2006 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
If you are in no hurry and want to pay postage I have one of the poor man's versions I'm not using since I made another out of a variable transformer. If so e-mail me your address and I'll send it out next week as harvest should be close to over by then and I'll have some time off

Re: Bunch of Cool Stuff [message #26565 is a reply to message #26564] Fri, 11 August 2006 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Thanks for the offer. I have all the stuff laying around already.

If you're like the farmers around here the main crop has been dust this year. Good luck with your yield.

Re: Bunch of Cool Stuff [message #26566 is a reply to message #26559] Fri, 11 August 2006 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Yes it is a AA920. The tube complement is 2 12ax7, 1 12au7, 1 5y3gt, 1 6c4, and 2 6L6gb. Right next to the capacitor cans is a potentiometer. All of the writing is gone. Is that a bias voltage adjuster?

The imprint on the back says 110w. I assume that's consumption. Interesting of the input selector there are tape amp/aux/radio/tape head?/nartb?/RIAA/AES?/LP. Have any ideas on the ?

Re: Bunch of Cool Stuff [message #26569 is a reply to message #26566] Sat, 12 August 2006 12:23 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I think thats a mono amp. The RIAA is the eq curve for various types of record eq schemes. 78's used 27k I believe while most mono 33's used 47k to load the cartridge. Aux is line level as is Tape out. Tape head is a pre-amp for old tape machines. Check to see if that unit is a mono unit. If so start looking for the other channel on E-Bay. That is a keeper of a system. Look at the size of those transformers.

Previous Topic: P.T.Barnum Was Right
Next Topic: Mannerly Behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 08:41:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout