Home » Audio » General » New/Old tuner
New/Old tuner [message #26543] Thu, 20 July 2006 22:51 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
This Sunday I get to go look at a MR-65 that has been refurbished a year ago. The guy wants 250.00 which is under market value. So if it's a keeper I'll bring it home.

Then the work starts. I have to thin out some of the stuff I've collected so I'll have to pick & choose and sell some off. Which will be hard for me to do.

Re: New/Old tuner [message #26544 is a reply to message #26543] Fri, 21 July 2006 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That is the hardest part; especially when you realise all the stuff you let go in the past that you ended up re-buying something so similar you might as well have kept the original piece and saved yourself the time and money.
Or the original piece was better than what you end up with. In all this time I think I could have kept a couple of my systems and had as good or better sound than I have now at significantly less cost to me.
Good luck choosing.

Update [message #26548 is a reply to message #26543] Fri, 04 August 2006 23:10 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
It turned out to be a MR-65B which is stereo It cleaned up nicely with some carnuba wax and elbow grease. It sounds ok but I'm going to have it looked at. The chrome chassis has no rust or pitting and it looks pretty nice.

The guy also has a Barzalay cabinet that all his Dad's Mac gear was installed in and I'm trying to get that also. It matches my speakers and my stuff will slide right in and the cabinet matches my Altecs.

His "big" Altecs turned out to be 846B Valencias and they sure cheapened up the cabinets on the B models.

He has a plie of Mac gear that was his Dad's and I'd love to have it but I told him he should keep it and about what it's worth to my understanding.

Previous Topic: macintosh and marantz
Next Topic: Philco Model H-1916
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 14:15:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout