Home » Audio » General » matching horns for the University reflex drivers.
matching horns for the University reflex drivers. [message #26472] Thu, 16 March 2006 03:15 Go to next message
Keisuke Aoyagi is currently offline  Keisuke Aoyagi
Esquire
Hello friends, I have a pair of the University Reflex drivers and am looking for the matching horns .The driver's screw pitch is no.18 ( by the screw pitch gage ) over
1+3/8 inches diameter. Does the Cobraflex horn fit with this driver ?
If so, how is the sound from this horn ?
Or if you have any suggestion, please let me know. Thank you. Kei

Re: matching horns for the University reflex drivers. [message #26475 is a reply to message #26472] Mon, 20 March 2006 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Hanuschak is currently offline  Bill Hanuschak
Esquire
Hello,
I have never replied to one of these before so I hope it works, any way the Cobra Flex II horn is a a 1 3/8 threaded horn and it does work very well. I have only seen it used with University sound drivers though.
When I worked for Altec/University sound I did a lot of testing with that horn and drivers. The problem is all the US drivers only played out to about 5 to 6 Khz so I can tell you they work well as a midrange horn they have a very smooth response using drivers like the ID40 and ID60. The ID30 works pretty good but I would go either of the first two.
I may have some old spec sheets at work if you wanted to call me at 405-789-0221.

Best Regards,
Bill Hanuschak
Great Plains Audio

Thanks for the assist Bill! [message #26485 is a reply to message #26475] Thu, 20 April 2006 06:48 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have dealt with Bill buying compression drivers and cone drivers from him. He is very knowledgable and the last Altec engineer before EV took over.

Thanks for joining us! You are a real asset to this forum!!!

Regards, Ron

Previous Topic: Philco stereophonic high fidelity
Next Topic: goodmans eleganzia
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 13:22:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers