Home » Audio » General » RCA cleaning tip...
RCA cleaning tip... [message #26423] Thu, 12 January 2006 17:49 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
Pardon the pun, but a Q-tip makes an excellent cleaner for old RCA jacks. I peeled 95% of the cotton off, and applied a little bit of polishing wadding. Stuck the other end in a hand drill and spun it. Nothing like the proper power tool for a sensitive job!

Don't put too much of a ball into the end, as it might bend the inner contacts. Clean with a 70% peeled clean Q-tip( by hand ) and then peek inside when you're done. Nice clean, shiny contacts...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Re: RCA cleaning tip... [message #26424 is a reply to message #26423] Fri, 13 January 2006 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
O'Kay; now how do we clean tube sockets?

Re: RCA cleaning tip... [message #26425 is a reply to message #26424] Fri, 13 January 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A teeny-tiny Q tip?

Re: RCA cleaning tip... [message #26426 is a reply to message #26423] Fri, 13 January 2006 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Good suggestion.

But watch it, Q-Tip is a registered trademark. Oh yeah, I forgot. Making mention of it is fair use.

and on top of that... [message #26427 is a reply to message #26426] Fri, 13 January 2006 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
they were Farmer Jack knock-off's...
cheers,
Douglas

Re: RCA cleaning tip... [message #26428 is a reply to message #26425] Sat, 14 January 2006 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Or we could sandblast them clean.

Re: and on top of that... [message #26429 is a reply to message #26427] Mon, 16 January 2006 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Are you coming to the Great Plains Audiofest this year? It's set for May 5, 6 and 7th at the Embassy Suites in Tulsa. Same place as last year, same first weekend in May. No exhibitors fee, just the best folks in audio and an unpretentious laid-back attitude. We kinda pick the confident exhibitors for the GPAF, and that's what keeps the tone of the show classy.

Last year, we didn't stay through Sunday but this year we're planning to do so. Exhibitors will keep their rooms open and we're also planning to schedule seminars on Sunday, so let me know if you're interested in doing one.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Re: and on top of that... [message #26430 is a reply to message #26429] Mon, 16 January 2006 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
I am trying to arrange my vacation now. There are a few other demands on the schedule.

I might be able to take on some presentation work. I have to deliver a paper on what is Guinevere with 12B4 amplifier tubes. I might be able to milk that one for an hour or so...:)

I have a few issues with front end pentode/cascode properties I am trying to work out for Merlin. It is one thing to design and build, quite another in knowing exactly and in detail how it works in order to do the best tuning/tweaking!
cheers,
Douglas

Re: and on top of that... [message #26431 is a reply to message #26430] Mon, 16 January 2006 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We sure hope you can come down for the weekend. You'll only need to take off the Friday and Monday, so it shouldn't squeeze out too much family vacation time. I've noticed ladies enjoy the show too, since we're looking and hearing things, not just talking about them. And if they get bored, there is always the local malls.

heh-heh-heh!!! [message #26432 is a reply to message #26431] Mon, 16 January 2006 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The family member whose boredom I am most concerned with is Mark. I doubt he'll be bored for too long with all those tubes to break...:)

Got anything for a 4 yo?
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: My observation or hallucination :)
Next Topic: Celef PE1 Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 18:54:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout