Home » Audio » General » recond Sansui 500A
recond Sansui 500A [message #26241] Wed, 29 December 2004 09:09 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
after going thur all my stuff I have picked this Sansui Reciever to work on as I know a bit about what is wrong--though that doesn't mean I know exactly what needs to be replaced to correct the problem---one of the output trannies run hot---so I know I can change the out put caps ---what else---is the question---Jim

Re: recond Sansui 500A [message #26245 is a reply to message #26241] Tue, 18 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill G is currently offline  Bill G
Esquire
Jim,

I just completely recapped my 500A, every electrolytic cap in the set needs to be renewed. I can guarantee that they are long since dried out. The build dates on the caps on my unit were 3rd month of 1975 so they're way out of warrantee. The 20uF multisection cap near the front of the unit on the left as you face it will not be available. Use the equivalents or greater and tuck them underneath the chassis. Digi-key is an excellent source of small quantities of those units. There are also tub tubular (paper) bypass caps (small value) that can be replaced by poly-props, make sure the working voltage meets or exceeds the originals. After recapping the sound was amazing, I highly recommend the repair.

Re: recond Sansui 500A [message #26246 is a reply to message #26241] Tue, 18 January 2005 08:22 Go to previous message
Bill G is currently offline  Bill G
Esquire
Jim,

Also if you need service notes and schematics you can get the from AGTannenbaum out of PA. Very reasonable and excellent service.

BG

Previous Topic: Prices
Next Topic: question from poland :]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:58:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers