Home » Audio » General » sources for buying good used tubes
sources for buying good used tubes [message #26238] Mon, 27 December 2004 12:46 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
I have been burning hours lokking for and trying to understand which tubes to install---new production tubes all junk or is there some brands worth the money? I see the same tube for sale from 20 each to $275 quads----Is a good used Mullard (tested!) as good as a NOS Mullard for $125 each? Yet again I am behind the learning curve! JD

Re: sources for buying good used tubes [message #26239 is a reply to message #26238] Mon, 27 December 2004 16:08 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hey Jim,

Whatdya think about picking up a good used tube tester? If you get a good one, it can be used to verify the condition of tubes. That can help you know whether a used tube is worth the money or not. Of course, you have to find a place that is willing to let you test 'em, but at least you'd know what you have in your hands. I'd say the biggest part of buying tubes is the risk. It's pretty easy to say a tube is NOS, or whatever, but the proof is in the pudding.

Wayne

Previous Topic: re:Allison Steele and Scott Muni airchecks (attn:manualblock)
Next Topic: New Roland Cube 60
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 21:17:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout