Home » Audio » Radio » M. Ward Airline console
M. Ward Airline console [message #25918] Sun, 21 January 2007 10:26 Go to next message
Sarah is currently offline  Sarah
Esquire
Hi there--

I was so excited to pick up a 70's era Airline console. The cord was cut, but after I replaced it and turned it on I was thrilled to see everything works! Except there is no needle on the turntable arm. I cannot get the cartridge off to save my life--I invited an pseudo-audiophile friend over to take a look and he made the problem worse (in my mind) by partially pulling all the wires out of the arm. I have already exhausted all my options online--none of the needle or spare parts sites I've found have helpful info. I would really appreciate any help you could give--I very much want to get this baby up and running. Here's the lowdown:

Montgomery Ward Airline Stereophonic (Solid State High Fidelity)
Model No on back sticker says 40A561-1
Cabinet lid lifts to access:
an AM/FM tuner (left), turntable (middle) and 8-track (right)

The record player is fully auto, runs at 33, 45 and 78 and fits 12, 10 and 7". The deck of the record player says "Precision crafted in Great Britain by BSR." It has a flip cartridge.

Anything come to mind??

Thanks!

Re: M. Ward Airline console [message #25919 is a reply to message #25918] Tue, 23 January 2007 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Check the NeedleDoctor.com.

Re: M. Ward Airline console [message #26090 is a reply to message #25918] Fri, 15 May 2009 23:43 Go to previous message
Jeff is currently offline  Jeff
Chancellor
I have pretty close to the same thing my Wards Airline Stereophonic was made around 1965. Mine does not have an eight track. the record player plays 16, 33, 45, 78 and also fits 12,10,7". Its like in perfect condition.

Jeff

Previous Topic: Wards Airline 62-1057 help?
Next Topic: Strombeg Carlson tuner help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:46:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout