Home » Audio » Radio » Wards 93BR-1201A
Wards 93BR-1201A [message #26001] Wed, 13 February 2008 22:29 Go to next message
WB5GSA is currently offline  WB5GSA
Esquire
I bought a Wards 93BR-1201A from a fellow ham, repaired a ton of problems and it works like a charm. The schematic I have is the old Rider series but it doesn't show an external antenna. What kind of antenna did this series of radio use? I found two wires from the antenna tuning coil and assume (wrong word here) that the high side goes to an antenna and the low side may be ground. Or it could have been connected to a loop.

Anyone with knowledge of this set? BTW, I can't believe how sensitive this set is even without an antenna.

Re: Wards 93BR-1201A [message #26004 is a reply to message #26001] Tue, 19 February 2008 12:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Don't know and I suspect your guess is as good as mine. Out of curiosity, what does the schematic show? Does it show a loop or just an aerial sign?

I have lots of tube radios with built-in antennas and lots without. Shortwave models usually have connections for external antennas and medium wave 520-1610kHz broadcast band radios usually have loops. But TransOceanics have both, a telescoping antenna for SW and a loop for MW broadcast band as well as external connectors. And I have some AM-only (520-1610) that have only an external connector for an antenna, without a loop. Best antenna for those is a few loops around a shoebox.

Previous Topic: RCA golden throat FM radio
Next Topic: Airline Radio Mo 93 Br 658A
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:22:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout