Home » Audio » Radio » Wards Airline Radio and Phono
Wards Airline Radio and Phono [message #25996] Tue, 05 February 2008 23:35 Go to next message
Michelle is currently offline  Michelle
Esquire
Wards Airline Radio and Phono Model #15WG-2765B Article No. 62-2765

Can anyone tell me approximately what year this radio was made. I can't find any information on the internet about this particular radio. Any information would be awesome!
Thanks a million!

Re: Wards Airline Radio and Phono [message #25997 is a reply to message #25996] Wed, 06 February 2008 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What tubes are in it? That's one of the best ways to date some of the old Montgomery Ward radios. I usually try to identify the chassis by the tube complement and locations. There may be a label that shows what tubes are used and where they go.

Re: Wards Airline Radio and Phono [message #25998 is a reply to message #25997] Wed, 06 February 2008 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michelle is currently offline  Michelle
Esquire
It's hard to read the tubes. There is a logo that looks like it says G&Co. and they are made in the USA.
The tube layout sticker says
It has three 6BA6 tubes
" " one 12AT7
" " two 6AV6
" " two 6K6-GT
" " one 6ALS
" " one 5Y3-GT

I believe my grandmother got it in the 50's.
I have offers of people wanting to buy it and they have many questions but I don't have any answers!
I am not sure what it is worth if anything at all.

Thank You in advance for any information you may have!

Re: Wards Airline Radio and Phono [message #25999 is a reply to message #25998] Thu, 07 February 2008 17:31 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a very common tube set, and can be used to date the set. From that tube complement, I'd say you're right that it was made in the 1950's. The schematics can probably be located based on that too, but it is largely a matter of manually looking through prints for a matching chassis layout.

Previous Topic: Magnavox?
Next Topic: airline stereo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:47:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout