Home » Audio » Radio » Philco Cathedral model 20
Philco Cathedral model 20 [message #25868] Fri, 07 July 2006 19:12 Go to next message
Lou is currently offline  Lou
Esquire
Need help with the value of the Cathedral Philco model 20. I have one that needs major restoration to the front grill and the fabric is torn. It looks like the original cord. Can anyone guess at what might be a fair selling price?

Re: Philco Cathedral model 20 [message #25869 is a reply to message #25868] Fri, 07 July 2006 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lou is currently offline  Lou
Esquire
Forgot to mention that this radio was given to me many years ago but I no longer wish to keep it. I have no idea what it is worth, but need to sell it as soon as possible. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Philco Cathedral model 20 [message #25870 is a reply to message #25869] Sat, 08 July 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Honestly, most old tube radios do not sell for much money. There are some collectable radios, certain models are highly sought after. Some that are worth the most are those that very old, some that have novel cases, etc. But I think the biggest thing about antique tube radios is they're nostalgic.

If you don't want to keep the radio, list it in the SwapMeet forum. This forum is for those that are interested in their tube radios, looking for help fixing them, restoring them, etc.

Re: Philco Cathedral model 20 [message #25871 is a reply to message #25870] Mon, 10 July 2006 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill is currently offline  Bill
Chancellor
To answer your question more acturately, you would need to provide a photo..... Your set, if it were the DELUXE model 20 is nice restored condition could value at $450 or more. If its a DELUXE.... If it is the plain or common model 20 restored it would be hard to fetch $250 probably less. In the condition you described either model is likely worth less then $50.00, especially if the grill is broken.

Re: Philco Cathedral model 20 [message #25873 is a reply to message #25871] Mon, 10 July 2006 22:19 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very good info. Thanks, Bill!

Previous Topic: A Montgomery Airline Radio Phono Combo
Next Topic: Unknown old radio, need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:29:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio