Home » Audio » General » Critical Listening
Re: For the record :) [message #2562 is a reply to message #2558] Fri, 23 December 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Oh yes; I have most of them. I think the digital processing used to make the transfers may be the problem. While the music and recordings sound very good compared to what they would have in the original condition the tapes or vinyl was in, they also have this very flat sound. I geuss if you want this material you have to accept that as part of the bargain.
I honestly would probably be happier to get this stuff in mono and play it back that way.

Re: If you like Chet [message #2563 is a reply to message #2549] Fri, 23 December 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Isn't it amazing that some really big guys can play guitar so well? Many years ago I saw Leslie West (Mountain) in concert, and couldn't believe that such a big guy could really play, on a Les Paul Jr. no less. Of course I have the long thin fingers my musician friends wish they had; but my playing ability is well below almost inadequate!

Steve

Re: If you like Chet [message #2564 is a reply to message #2563] Fri, 23 December 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lelandcrooks is currently offline  lelandcrooks
Chancellor
I still get out nantucket sleighride once in a while. Never got to see them. I'm envious.

Re: If you like Chet [message #2565 is a reply to message #2564] Fri, 23 December 2005 18:16 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
When I was a kid, I'm fifty-three now, there were a lot of good venues, and even some great free concerts. I was lucky enough to hear most of the great groups of the late 60's- early 70's. Sadly, these days I'm lucky to attend only one or two concerts a year.

Steve

Previous Topic: CHANGED to SAturday, DEc 17, 2005 at 2 pm
Next Topic: Uh-Oh!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:14:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers