Home » Audio » General » A tip to think about
A tip to think about [message #25465] Wed, 17 October 2007 07:34 Go to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
"Plan your audio system to fit your needs. First, examine what you want from your system: is it GIANT BASS?, is it an audiophile's dream system? is it just an upgrade to a factory ( original equipment) stereo? The list below might help you pinpoint your car stereo needs starting from the modest prices and going up to the most expensive price tags:

a) install a basic stereo, like a factory system..AM/FM cassette with pair of speakers

b) upgrade a factory system just slightly, adding speakers to get a bigger sound

c) upgrade to a system with CD player, amps and more speakers for audiophile sound, but not HUGE in volume.

d) install a pounding audio system that will shake the car

e) install a competition-quality system that will drive the neighborhood crazy."

I found this kind of funny but I know most people that have car systems usually just go straight for d.

Re: A tip to think about [message #25466 is a reply to message #25465] Wed, 17 October 2007 09:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Some of the "boom-boom" cars I hear going down the road have worse sound than a busted up old ghetto blaster. Adding a subwoofer to a rat trap is not appealing to me. I prefer high-fidelity, and there is some pretty good auto sound equipment available.

Previous Topic: audio reciever
Next Topic: noise reduction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 09:47:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout