Home » Audio » General » Making a sound system
Making a sound system [message #25404] Tue, 06 February 2007 18:42 Go to next message
hiryuu is currently offline  hiryuu
Esquire
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I was looking into making a system for my car. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the basics to making a system are. I have stock speakers right now with a cd player but I want to put subs and such but I don't know what I would all need. If ya could give me some brand names and other useful info that I would need to make my first car stereo system. thanks

Re: Making a sound system [message #25405 is a reply to message #25404] Wed, 07 February 2007 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You should probably do a little research. Go to a shop and listen to various components, then do some searches and read what you'll need to do to install everything. The most important thing is the "listen" part - Don't just read what other guys say about quality, 'cause you'll get opinions and some that are very zealous, maybe unreasonably so. That's why it is important for you to go and actually listen to some equipment for yourself.

Re: Making a sound system [message #25406 is a reply to message #25404] Thu, 15 February 2007 02:57 Go to previous message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
Cars nowadays are great. The best sound system for your new car is whatever pleases your eardrums. I add a subwoofer in my car because only large speakers such as subwoofers can replicate the deep bass notes that give more dimensions to your sound system. Anyone use a subwoofers here?

Previous Topic: luxman
Next Topic: Back from vacation in Croatia!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 07:17:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio