Home » Audio » General » woofer in trunk
woofer in trunk [message #25291] Thu, 18 December 2003 16:12 Go to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Here's a really dumb car stereo question from a SET guy:

If I were to put a pair of 12's or 15's in the trunk for deep bass, where the heck does the front wave "go"? If they're in a ported box, doese the port vent into the trunk - another sealed space?

I'm thinking of replacing the front trunk partition in an Accord with 3/4 or 1" plywood, with cutouts for drivers so they're firing through the seat back, with the cabinet ported to the rear inside the trunk.

When you've recovered from the laughing fit, waddya think?

Re: woofer in trunk [message #25292 is a reply to message #25291] Mon, 22 December 2003 22:11 Go to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

If I were to put a pair of 12's or 15's in the trunk for deep bass, where the heck does the front wave "go"? If they're in a ported box, doese the port vent into the trunk - another sealed space?

I'm thinking of replacing the front trunk partition in an Accord with 3/4 or 1" plywood, with cutouts for drivers so they're firing through the seat back, with the cabinet ported to the rear inside the trunk.

When you've recovered from the laughing fit, waddya think?

Generally people put the sub facing the back,in the back of the trunk.This helps with reflections not being destructive . just experiment.i think if u make a new partition leave holes for Speaker+ port. as thats the idea.. for the port to re inforce the bass in the vehicle chamber.

Cheers!

Previous Topic: Anyone feel like talking audio?
Next Topic: Three daughters and I still am amazed at what a painful experience birthing is!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:14:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio