Home » Audio » General » Hearing problems
Hearing problems [message #24975] Tue, 23 October 2007 08:54 Go to next message
hurgoll is currently offline  hurgoll
Esquire
I have developed hearing problems, is there a way I can have headphones on for me and still have the TV broadcast to the room without having a lot of extra option (hardware) set up?

I ran the TV to a junkie boombox and that hurt my sound quality to the room, but let me use my headphones that are also bad.

What would you suggest for me as a starter system to let me use the headphone and still have room quality. Costs are real tight right now, but should loosen up in a month or two.

Re: Hearing problems [message #24985 is a reply to message #24975] Sun, 03 February 2008 23:05 Go to previous message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just attach the headphones to the speaker terminals in your set? Most headphones have an impedance high enough to essentially be ignored by the loudspeaker and the power they take is miniscule. It might be too loud in your earphones, but if it is, just insert a variable resistance in series with the phones. It all depends on the impedance of your phones, but unless they are super low it should work just fine. One phone per speaker in stereo, of course. Even if they are low impedance phones, they are probably so sensitive you will need a series resistance to reduce the volume and that will make them look like a high impedance to he speaker. Good listening.
-Dick

Previous Topic: Re: How does one roll nanotubes anyway?
Next Topic: Another GPAC meet?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 23:11:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout