Home » Audio » General » Headphone Splitter?
Headphone Splitter? [message #24868] Sun, 24 September 2006 16:40 Go to next message
Chaclyn is currently offline  Chaclyn
Esquire
Okay, I already own a headphone splitter, but it is driving me nuts! I am a college student, and often my roomate and I watch a movie on my laptop, so we use the headphone splitter (in order to be more courtious), but it continually falls out. I practically have to hold it in durning the entire movie. Is there something wrong with my laptop? Are there different sizes of splitters? I don't even know if I am calling these by the right name. It plugs into the headphone jack and then has two jacks on the end... so two sets of headphones can be used instead of just one set... someone help!?

Re: Headphone Splitter? [message #24869 is a reply to message #24868] Mon, 25 September 2006 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It doesn't fit snugly?

Re: Headphone Splitter? [message #24889 is a reply to message #24868] Sat, 07 April 2007 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coda1108 is currently offline  Coda1108
Esquire
This may or may not be the case, but it's worth a try, Chaclyn. When you put the splitter into the headphone jack, don't push it all the way in. Some splitters have a "notch" that is different than a typical headphone. This may not be the case for yours, but it's worth a try.

Also... I'm assuming a regular set of headphones fits snugly into the jack. If you haven't already tested it, you should because the issue could be with the laptop, not the splitter.

Re: Headphone Splitter? [message #24910 is a reply to message #24869] Mon, 07 May 2007 08:32 Go to previous message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
Also, there could be a broken wire near the headphone jack that makes contact when you hold it. I've had similar problems with my 1/4 inch headphone jack, and my extension cord for the headphones.

Previous Topic: For those who can't find the schematic Steve and I talked about
Next Topic: Kudos to Wayne, Melissa, Fast Eddie, Dallas Audio Club, et al
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 17:47:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout