Home » Audio » General » Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas?
Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24866] Sat, 09 September 2006 05:14 Go to next message
eatli is currently offline  eatli
Chancellor
Hi all

I'm in the market for a headset / mic combo that can be used with a laptop and also an MP3 player. I'd like something fairly portable, with an over-the ear binaural. I had a Sennheiser headset like that (can't remember the model number) and the sound quality was fine, but the mic picked up everything around me.

I'd like to use it for making calls on Skype, etc, while on the move, so a mic that cancels out as much noise as possible would be really good.

Any tips appreciated!

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24867 is a reply to message #24866] Tue, 12 September 2006 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a good question. I don't buy headsets often so each time it's kind of a random choice. I've bought a BlueTooth earpiece from Plantronics and a generic headset. Both worked fine so I guess I got lucky. But wind noise kills 'em both. No windscreen on the Bluetooth, so it's worse in the wind but better in all other environments.

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24871 is a reply to message #24867] Sat, 04 November 2006 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madhatter is currently offline  madhatter
Baron
buy the bose noise reducing head phones they are the best of breed

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24872 is a reply to message #24871] Sat, 04 November 2006 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've never known Bose to be best at anything except maybe marketing.

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24875 is a reply to message #24872] Sat, 04 November 2006 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Show me a better headphone wayne? I buy 10 pairs a year and then i finally broke down and paid the 330 dollars and They are the best of breed baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24877 is a reply to message #24875] Sun, 05 November 2006 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sennheiser is much better, where headphones are concerned. Just about everyone is better where loudspeakers are concerned.

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24879 is a reply to message #24877] Sun, 05 November 2006 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
sennheiser are not much better at all. In fact there are not very god hd215 are garbage I would never I repeat never buy sennheiser again they are a no buy in my book

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24882 is a reply to message #24879] Wed, 28 February 2007 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've never had any trouble with Sennheiser. They're not the best, but they tend to make good, solid products. Bose, on the other hand, makes mediocre to poor products and markets the hell out of them.

A co-worker of mine had Bose noise cancelling headphones that broke where the ear cups mount to the frame. On inspection, the whole design was shoddy, weak at the point of most stress. So in my opinion, not only does Bose get an "F" in the electrical and acoustical engineeing departments, but they also get an "F" in structural and mechanical engineering. They get a "B" in aesthetics and an "A+" in marketing.

Re: Best Headset / Mic combo for noisy areas? [message #24885 is a reply to message #24871] Mon, 02 April 2007 21:25 Go to previous message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
are you saying they are the best of breed when it comes to quality because you are right if thats the case BUT i bought some and they tore up in with a couple of months.

Previous Topic: Tweaks That Make A Difference
Next Topic: Have wireless headphones improved in quality?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 13:04:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio