Home » Audio » General » ISO reasonably good fullsize, inexpensive headphones...
ISO reasonably good fullsize, inexpensive headphones... [message #24807] Fri, 06 February 2004 17:22 Go to next message
mhardy6647 is currently offline  mhardy6647
Esquire
... not the usual search, so please don't suggest the usual suspects (e.g., Grados or multi-hundred dollar Sennheisers).

My son has a pair of Radio Shack 'Rock n Roll Hall of Fame' phones that he quite likes. Unfortunately, they were damaged beyond good repair in an unfortunate incident (not his fault). He'd like to find a replacement pair of fullsize sealed cup phones with a single, coiled cord (like the R/S phones). I'd like to find something in the $50-ish price range. We'd both like them to sound good, but in fact they don't have to sound any better than the R/S phones (which I thought were a little bass-heavy and rolled off at the top for my taste).

Any suggestions?

Any

Re: ISO reasonably good fullsize, inexpensive headphones... [message #24808 is a reply to message #24807] Sun, 08 February 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hi,

The grados in the $50 range are highly recommended. the grado SR60 is great. Based only on unaminous reviews i have read and seen the speed at which they disappear on web sites that sell them.
-akhilesh

Second on the Grados (nt) [message #24809 is a reply to message #24808] Tue, 10 February 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
nt

Yes, go with the Grados (nt) [message #24812 is a reply to message #24809] Sun, 29 February 2004 19:57 Go to previous message
newsjeff is currently offline  newsjeff
Baron
I bought the SR-60s on Audiogon for $45 delivered. I added new pads, which were a great and cheap improvement. IMHO, they are one of the best bag for the buck buys in audio today.

Previous Topic: Genetics & Copyrights - Off Topic?
Next Topic: Movies and Music Forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 18:12:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout