Home » Audio » Speaker » Are you ready to play? Planars for peanuts,NXT!!!!!!!
Re: Are you ready to play? Planars for peanuts,NXT!!!!!!! [message #24654 is a reply to message #24605] Tue, 11 January 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flacoman is currently offline  flacoman
Chancellor
Wonder how a balloon or perhaps a glass sphere would work...Another thought is using them as motors for a line-array transducer.
Chime in folks !

Re: Are you ready to play? Planars for peanuts,NXT!!!!!!! [message #24697 is a reply to message #24605] Tue, 31 May 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djm is currently offline  djm
Chancellor
Were do I get these speakers? Were is the cardboard box kit or

set up were do they sell them. I want the sound you got m.g.g. killers

is the sound I want and then add a sub to them cool. Please let me

know thanks jm

Re: Are you ready to play? Planars for peanuts,NXT!!!!!!! [message #24701 is a reply to message #24697] Wed, 01 June 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Schilling is currently offline  Ed Schilling
Baron
Think Geek has the T-Amp, the "Sound pads (NXT transducers)" and the S.I. Card Board speakers ( these will NOT kill MMG!), which are cool. You'll need to experiment a LOT to get the best sound out of the pads. A hint is that you need to ditch the cardboard circle they are attached to.
Ed

Re: Are you ready to play? Planars for peanuts,NXT!!!!!!! [message #24712 is a reply to message #24701] Mon, 13 June 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Rickerts is currently offline  Jay Rickerts
Esquire
Hello Ed,
I'm very interested in these little soundpad-buggers. I picked up a couple of pair and have been playing around by sticking them to foamboard and the walls with duct tape so far. Is there any internet wisdom for the layman out there about using these little guys as invisible home theatre speakers..? Behind the drywall.. on top of the drywall.. two pads per channel to help handle the power from a 100 x 5 receiver.. etc..? I only ask because my wife does not want to see any speakers anywhere if we can avoid it.
Thanks!

Re: Are you ready to play? Planars for peanuts,NXT!!!!!!! [message #24741 is a reply to message #24605] Thu, 13 October 2005 16:42 Go to previous message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
Ed, you keep mentioning 'hints' to get started. Do you have a fully documented setup that we could mimic? I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the kind of time required to experiment with all the different possible configurations.

Previous Topic: has any tried tangband F SERIES W4-1337S for line array?
Next Topic: ESS HD 1200
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:14:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout