Home » Audio » Speaker » ART array - What might be the effects of narrowing baffle on
ART array - What might be the effects of narrowing baffle on [message #24475] Thu, 21 August 2008 16:56 Go to next message
Marc G is currently offline  Marc G
Chancellor
What would audible effects be of building the ART array, with a baffle width reduced to 7-9 inches ? Adjusting the depth and height to maintain the internal volume. I realize this may have been done to make your budget goal of using only one sheet of material. Wouldn't diffraction effects be lessened if the baffle was as narrow as possible ? Also WAF would improve.

Re: ART array - What might be the effects of narrowing baffle on [message #24479 is a reply to message #24475] Fri, 22 August 2008 19:37 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I have a pair, and the part that doesn't really meet the WAF is the height. Even if I took the 2" off of one side of the baffle (it's at 9.75" now) it doesn't look to me like it would change the overall look much.

That's my .02 worth. Fred or someone else will have to chime in on the actual engineering aspect.

Previous Topic: Speaker Wire/Setup/Receiver Question
Next Topic: Fostex/Neo dome crossover paging Marlboro and Thylanter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 12:12:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout