Home » Audio » Speaker » My ART Arrays
Re: Beats the Klipsch! [message #24413 is a reply to message #24412] Wed, 21 May 2008 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, the Klipsch Heresy's are not the end all, be all of Klipsch design as we all know. They lack in the bass dept for sure due to the small cabinet space. Far as I can tell they are pretty well matched for sensitivity.

I did stain the cabinets. Used Minwax oil based pecan. It's a nice neutral color. The veneer on the birch ply was not the best, and looks decent everywhere except the front baffles. No biggie. I may paint the fronts with a truck bed liner and a small pore foam roller for a fine textured finish if I get ambitious. I used a water based poly over it and having never used that product before I will use the oil based poly or some kind of tung oil finish next time becuase that's what I'm used to. The water based dries too quickly and made it hard to get an even finish. You only notice it if you're up within 2-3 feet of the cabinets with the right light, but from the listening position they look fine, which is OK for me.

Repositioned speakers [message #24419 is a reply to message #24397] Mon, 26 May 2008 20:30 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
For fun I pulled the speakers out about 2 feet from the wall, toe-d in about 20 degrees, and about 9 feet apart. My listening position is about 10 feet. WOW!! These sounded quite nice. Very big stage, no head-in-a-vice sweet spot. Everything opened up. The bass got a little boomy so I think they would sound better at 15 or so inches from the wall and possibly another foot apart. Unfortunately it was only a temporary situation, but it showed me the potential the ART Arrays have given the right setup.

Previous Topic: E-V model Sixteen 12" enclosure information
Next Topic: The Ultimate Array Conclusions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 05:20:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout