Home » Audio » Speaker » Array kits
Array kits [message #24255] Wed, 09 April 2008 12:14 Go to next message
Dynavector is currently offline  Dynavector
Chancellor
Hi all,

Who makes array kits? What price levels are out there? I'm not afraid to DIY but I'd like a kit with crossover already designed. IMO, speakers are simple but the "big picture" isn't. I want a design that's already been nailed down.

Thanks,

David

Re: Array kits [message #24256 is a reply to message #24255] Wed, 09 April 2008 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The best known source for line array kits is Rick Craig of Selah Audio. The Selah RS-8 kit sells for $2,495/pr. If that's outside your budget I'm sure Rick could design a custom kit for less using planar tweeters instead of the more expensive founteks used in the RS-8. I suggest you contact him directly at the link below.

Re: Array kits [message #24257 is a reply to message #24256] Thu, 10 April 2008 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dynavector is currently offline  Dynavector
Chancellor
Thanks FredT,

That is a little more than I was wanting to spend but I will look at it and contact Rick Craig directly.

Thank you for your suggestions!

David

Re: Array kits [message #24258 is a reply to message #24256] Thu, 10 April 2008 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
Fred, YOU should design arrays, YOU and Marlboro.
God knows you have built enough of them ?
I was gonna drive to Texas from Tampa to buy one you built once.

Creative Sound Solutions [message #24317 is a reply to message #24255] Tue, 06 May 2008 18:40 Go to previous message
Darkmoebius is currently offline  Darkmoebius
Chancellor
They sell the kits for GR Research's LS series Arrays($1,995) and also a kit for Dr. Griffin's latest line array w/ DEQX DSP based crossover.

Only plans/directions for cabinet construction are included - no wood.

Previous Topic: BG Neo10 tests
Next Topic: Paging Marlboro - your array....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:53:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio