Home » Audio » Speaker » So I went ahead and built them. . .
So I went ahead and built them. . . [message #24228] Tue, 25 March 2008 11:34 Go to next message
Brian Owens is currently offline  Brian Owens
Esquire

Just finished building the "double" ART Array I post about a few weeks ago. Tweeter spacing is 4", but they sound awesome. The guy I built them for listens to 80's hits and techno music, and there is not any noticable problems with the double tweeter. Before I cut the baffles, we tested the tweeters just holding them up in front. In his room with the speakers placed as they are, there really did not seem to be a problem with tweeter spacing until they are about 8" apart. These are being driven by a Carver TFM-55 (380 x 2 RMS) and the sub is a Mach5Audio IXL-18 in 13 ft^3 tuned to 18 Hz with the Dayton 1000 watt chassis mount sub amp. This guy wanted LOUD, and we definitely achieved his goal. . .

The subwoofer. . . [message #24229 is a reply to message #24228] Tue, 25 March 2008 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Owens is currently offline  Brian Owens
Esquire

. . .

8' high and <4' apart? [message #24345 is a reply to message #24228] Tue, 13 May 2008 02:46 Go to previous message
Darkmoebius is currently offline  Darkmoebius
Chancellor
Seems less than optimal for stereo imaging, soundstaging, etc.

I'd love to hear those puppies in a big room 8-10 feet apart.

Previous Topic: Tuning a speaker port
Next Topic: Controversy on tweeter's positioning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:27:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout