Home » Audio » Speaker » ART Array Cabs pic
ART Array Cabs pic [message #23640] Sun, 15 April 2007 18:37 Go to next message
Rich_M9999 is currently offline  Rich_M9999
Chancellor
This is photo taken of basic enclosure box at middle stages. I used a finish nailer to tack boxes together to hold firm until glue dries. Jasper Circle Jig should arrive tomorrow from Parts express. I should be able to finish baffle at that point. I will post more pics as I complete the project. Probably next weekend. R

Re: Forgot Picture link [message #23641 is a reply to message #23640] Sun, 15 April 2007 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor

Here is the link for the picture.

http://bootlegpass.smugmug.com/gallery/2717381#144069982-M-LB

Re: Forgot Picture link [message #23642 is a reply to message #23641] Tue, 17 April 2007 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very cool! Thanks for posting the picture. Please keep us posted with your progress!

Re: Forgot Picture link [message #23700 is a reply to message #23641] Mon, 30 April 2007 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
How's the ART build coming? Got mo' pics?.......C

Re: Forgot Picture link [message #23703 is a reply to message #23700] Mon, 30 April 2007 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Hello,

Its been a while since my last post here. Actually, I've been busy finishing Grad classes this past couple weeks (No Child Left Behind means teachers aren't educated enough; thus, we have to get further classes in order to satisfy the new requirements - as if 15 years in the profession and 169 college hours isn't enough!). However, I did get the baffles cut. I wanted to get a good start on the enclosures before I ordered parts. They came today. When PE put this kit together with Fred, they did a bang-up job! Even the mounting screws came in it. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Anyhow, I should be able to mount the baffles and move forward in the next week. I'll get pics up as soon as I get a chance to get back in the garage. I swear, between grad school, kids, fast-growing grass, kids, work, and kids, time has become a precious comodity. At any rate, I'm still here, and still working at it. BTW, my SmugMug account has expired- all pics will be posted at my new site - diyaudioproject.com - I'll post here when I get new ones up. Sorry so long, haven't had the chance to get back here in while. Thanks for asking!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Rich

Re: Forgot Picture link [message #23704 is a reply to message #23703] Tue, 01 May 2007 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Back in grad school after 15 at work!?!?! I thought it was a pain having gone straight from undergrad. Best of luck.

I really want to build the ART arrays, but I kind of got sidetracked with the Pi One project, which I just finished last night. I should have pics up soon. This was my first speaker build, and I really had fun. This was also my first attempt at veneering. I was actually kind of impressed with the outcome. I'm trying to finish up two Pi 3 subs next, so that's taking up more play money.

My next project will be finishing an SV811-10 SET amp that I started a year ago. I'd like to post pics on you site. I have most of the parts ready, but just no time.......C

Re: Forgot Picture link [message #23706 is a reply to message #23704] Wed, 02 May 2007 16:23 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Colin,

You are more than welcome to post anything you wish concerning DIY on my site. Just click the email link and mail the info to me. I will try to get it up as soon as possible. If you wish to post pics over time, that's cool too. I understand the time factor thing. It seems everytime I get ready to do something, a wrench gets thrown into my plans.

As far as the grad school thing goes, The No Child Left Behind Act has thrown a bunch of the teachers in WV back into grad school. I'm not sure if it is because of WV's interpretation of the federal guidelines, or, if the federal rules are that stringent (it seems both are pointing fingers at one another). But, other teachers in nearby Ohio don't seem to be facing that issue. Anyhow, it's time I finally got my Masters, it's just the timeframe given us makes things a little inconvenient with kids and a full-time job.
I had been taking Summer classes here and there, but the new program we're in requires 45 hours in a very short period of time. I currently need 15 hours to complete it, and have about 18 months to do so. Hopefully, things can begin to normalize a little as I can slow down a bit.

As far as the ART Arrays are concerned, they are going to look sweet. Just opening the boxes when they came and seeing 18 drivers and those 4 HUGE port tubes got me excited. I plan to get the pics up of this project over the weekend. I'm going to make the time, period. I plan on a piano black finish to match that of the new plasma.

At any rate, keep in touch. Send me some stuff when you can and we'll get it up as soon as we can.
Sincerely,
Rich Miller

Previous Topic: Reveiw of Merrill (DCA 4") drivers on 6 moons
Next Topic: alternating line array
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 13:09:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers