Home » Audio » Speaker » Needles a Great Success!
Needles a Great Success! [message #23315] Tue, 14 November 2006 20:11 Go to next message
Eddie Munster is currently offline  Eddie Munster
Esquire
With Jim's assistance and Bob's from Creative Sound solutions parts I recently completed a set of needles. The sound is supurb. The bass extension is quite remarkable and I require only a touch of subwoofer at the bottom end. The AurumCantus tweeter is very good and the Tangbands work well together. Although the cabinted looks complicated, it really isn't if you have some cabinet building experience and a Jasper jig. I convered the speakers with felt and then wrapped them with speaker cloth. They look quite amazing. Another great feature of these speakers is that you can generate quite a bit of volume in a room. I am used to single driver speakers and low wattage amplifiers and it is nice to be able to crank them up without having use ear plugs.

I had trouble finding the acoustic foam for a reasonable price and used pink fiberglass stacked in the enclosures like Roger Russell uses in his designs. I may try the actual acoustic foam in the future if I can find some.

I originally was going to use a 10 Watt SE amplifier (E Linear from Pete Millett) but found that it could not driver them properly. I am currently using an Elliot Sound products 03A solid state amplifier (built from Rods boards). The amplifier is 60 watts and drives them very well.

If you would like a photo of them email me.

Kind Regards,

Eddie

Re: Needles a Great Success! [message #23316 is a reply to message #23315] Wed, 15 November 2006 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom R. is currently offline  Tom R.
Baron
I would like to see photos of your project.
Please email a few to: tdr@cctechnol.com

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Needles a Great Success! [message #23317 is a reply to message #23316] Mon, 20 November 2006 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
me too Eddie ...solomty@yahoo.com neddles photo please.

Re: Needles a Great Success! [message #23318 is a reply to message #23317] Mon, 20 November 2006 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrc is currently offline  mrc
Esquire
me too pls!

emc18829@yahoo.com

Re: Needles a Great Success! [message #23422 is a reply to message #23315] Tue, 30 January 2007 13:01 Go to previous message
Eric is currently offline  Eric
Baron
Eddie, can you send me needles pics? eric@fencepostmodern dot com

Previous Topic: o.b array
Next Topic: Inspired by the McIntosh XRT2K
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 19:58:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio