Home » Audio » General » VTV Expo in November is now FREE!!!!!
VTV Expo in November is now FREE!!!!! [message #2164] Fri, 02 September 2005 09:25 Go to next message
Charlie Kittleson is currently offline  Charlie Kittleson
Chancellor
Hello fellow Roundtablers!! Some good news, the VTV Southern CA Audio Expo is now FREE ADMISSION!!!

I want to make this a fun show for everyone and have decided to make it a free event for attendees.

If you are a vendor, please contact me for more good news about fees.

Hope to see many of you there. Thanks for your support.

VTV Expo in November is now FREE!!!!! [message #2248 is a reply to message #2164] Thu, 29 September 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
My deadline for the expo is approaching. If I do not get significantly more vendor sign-ups, I will have to cancel the show and the tube school.

Even though my rates are low, vendors are resisting to sign up. Probably because it is an "unknown" event and they are afraid of losing money.

I guess that Stereophile and RMAF will be the only larger regional shows because this is not working.

Wayne, any thoughts on this?

Some ideas about regional shows [message #2255 is a reply to message #2248] Thu, 29 September 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Great Plains Audiofest had no entry fee and no signup or registration required but lots of things to see and hear. That approach really brings 'em in. At MAF in 2003, I did a free seminar called "Crossover Electronics 101" and it was very popular. Bill Epstein and Bill Martinelli did a woodworking seminar that was excellent. Bruce Edgar did his "Parlor Tricks" talk and Jim Griffin did a presentation on arrays. There were several others in the industry that gave lectures and demonstrations too. Each seminar lasted an hour and had from 50 to 100 attendees. All were free seminars. We'll probably do something like that at GPAF in May 2006.

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Next Week in Denver [message #2303 is a reply to message #2255] Fri, 07 October 2005 23:30 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Wayne that sounds like a good idea. We are doing some free seminars as well. These are open to the public.

The vendors are charged a only few hundred dollars to have the opportunity to have one to two thousand people see, hear and enjoy their products. Hotels in California are more expensive than in OK. This is a medium sized show. A small DIY show can be pulled off on the cheap, but when you want to do a bigger show, lots of time and money has be put into advertising, promotion, mailings, sales and more.

Frankly, DIYers as a group are viewed with disdain by most of the larger manufacturers, but we will have smaller to mid-sized manufacturers with reasonable prices and special deals on parts and tubes. This show will be perfect for the audiophile DIYer who want to look for parts, sources, network, listen and just enjoy the atmosphere and energy.

Previous Topic: T/S parameters for memphis 6.5
Next Topic: Ping: Fred/The post is on Gedlee.com/downloads
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:23:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout