Home » Audio » Speaker » Small PA line-array
Small PA line-array [message #22946] Thu, 23 February 2006 17:13 Go to next message
skey is currently offline  skey
Esquire
I'm looking to put together a line array for PA in small clubs. Odd shaped rooms with tight stage area. Like a Bose PAS but cheap - real cheap.

I ran across these:
http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=MCMProducts&product%5Fid=58%2D9935
What do you think?

I can put together a sub to with them, but does anybody have an idea for suitable tweeters?

Thanks,

Re: Small PA line-array [message #22947 is a reply to message #22946] Fri, 24 February 2006 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boydon_lepasci is currently offline  boydon_lepasci
Esquire
If you don't want it to sound "real cheap" you might want a smaller midbass driver. It could be tough to find any tweeter that can play low enough for the 5.5" center-to-center spacing on the ones you linked, let alone a cheap tweet. Have you read Dr. Griffin's paper on line arrays? It would be better to go shopping with a solid design in mind. Your goals seem realistic, I just think you will be happier with the results after reading.

Re: Small PA line-array [message #22948 is a reply to message #22947] Fri, 24 February 2006 17:43 Go to previous message
skey is currently offline  skey
Esquire
Thanks for the input.
Do you have any recommendations on a smaller mid around the same price?
thanks

Previous Topic: Port - front or back
Next Topic: The EZ As Pie Tower Speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:50:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers