Home » Audio » Speaker » Anyone here use the little .75 neo PE tweeter?
Anyone here use the little .75 neo PE tweeter? [message #22621] Fri, 06 May 2005 01:57 Go to next message
Mark D. is currently offline  Mark D.
Esquire
Any good? What would be the best x-over point with the NSB's? Also, are there any Freq. Response graphs for the NSB on the web? Thank you.

Re: Anyone here use the little .75 neo PE tweeter? [message #22622 is a reply to message #22621] Fri, 06 May 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
I've heard the small P-E Neo tweeters and they are very good for the money. Of course can not cross them too low (suggest > 3000 Hz). Frequency response data (on almost all of the drivers that they sell) are available on the P-E site. Look up the part number and click for the response curves .pdf to view. Notice that the NSBs have major issues in the 5000-10000 range.

Re: Anyone here use the little .75 neo PE tweeter? [message #22623 is a reply to message #22622] Fri, 06 May 2005 12:28 Go to previous message
Mark D. is currently offline  Mark D.
Esquire
Thanks Jim. Those NSB's look ugly from 1,400hz right on up. But I think I may have found the answer to my future array project. Take a look at this little 3 incher and let me know what you think.
http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker18.html
I think with a little work I can get a very good x-over with the PE neo dome and this 3" driver. I'm going to buy a few examples of each driver recheck the T/S on the woofer tester 2 and run it through LspCAD.
I really didn't want to spend $9 per mid/woof and $4 per tweet but I have a good feeling about this combo.
For any real bass these of course will require sub(s)

Previous Topic: Acrylic transfer tape?
Next Topic: Anyone familiar with Smith Horns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 20:32:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio