Home » Audio » Speaker » Newbie questions
Newbie questions [message #22382] Sun, 28 November 2004 16:35 Go to next message
warnerwh is currently offline  warnerwh
Esquire
Will an array of say four 6.5" woofers and four of the Fountek JP-2 tweeters work. It needs to play mid/upper bass with authority. I know near nothing but have been reading and looking at commercial designs. My room is only 12'wide x 17"long x 7" high. I'd like to keep the woofer price under 60 each. Also is there someone willing to design the crossover and tell me what cabinet dimensions are needed. Am willing to pay for the info as I have read enough to know I'm over my head for a beginner.
Another question is what do people think of the sub kits from Parts Express. I am considering a pair of the 12" model. I like the idea that a parametric equalizer is included. My room btw is LEDE with four bass traps and it's MY room. Thanks for any help.

Re: Newbie questions [message #22386 is a reply to message #22382] Mon, 06 December 2004 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lcholke is currently offline  lcholke
Viscount
You might start with a ....

BEHRINGER CX3400 SUPER-X PRO CROSSOVER 3-WAY/4-WAY

It will solve many x-over problems. You will need 2 amps though.

-----
Many woofer mfg sugest a box size. That would be a good place to start.

----
Hope this helps.
- Linc

Re: Newbie questions Sonotube sub [message #22387 is a reply to message #22382] Thu, 09 December 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I like these for coolness. Depends on the price range you
want to be in. I am not in this price range. But they look neat.

CSS specials [message #22388 is a reply to message #22387] Thu, 09 December 2004 21:47 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
These guys have some really good deals from time to time. Check on their "specials" page every so often......Colin

Previous Topic: Wiring a Line Array: check me out on this
Next Topic: New AudioeXpress SD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 21:36:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout