Home » Audio » Speaker » DCA Drivers
DCA Drivers [message #21741] Tue, 14 November 2006 09:41 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I know there was talk about a larger driver possibly being had instead of the little 3" ones that Akhilesh has used in his PAWO. Norris and I were talking about the PAWO setup and how good it sounded and were just curious about the larger drivers.

Re: DCA Drivers [message #21742 is a reply to message #21741] Sun, 19 November 2006 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheesehead is currently offline  Cheesehead
Esquire
They don't exist yet, it appears.

In the meantime, I need to find me some CAD diagrams (not that I understand them at all) so I can get a pair machined!

Re: DCA Drivers [message #21743 is a reply to message #21741] Sun, 03 December 2006 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Merrill is currently offline  Dave Merrill
Chancellor
Shane
I assure you the DCA5.5M'S indeed do exist and I am ordering the first 50 from China in the morning.I intend to send a pair to Akilesh as soon as they arrive. I have had real problems in freight damage in these overseas shipments, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed and test each unit as they arrive. I should have answered your inquiry sooner, but I have been out of the United States for a while.
Your friend in Audio
Dave Merrill
d'Charles Audio

Re: DCA Drivers [message #21744 is a reply to message #21743] Tue, 05 December 2006 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Dave. I keep meaning to put together a PAWO horn with the little drivers after I heard Akhilesh's, but I'm thinking that the larger 5.5's might help a little it the low end. Sorry to hear about your shipping woes.

Re: DCA Drivers [message #21745 is a reply to message #21743] Tue, 05 December 2006 18:55 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Dave,
Good to see you on here, my friend!
Hope all is well on the west coast! We just had a boat load of snow!
Look forward to getting the 5.5"ers...
My hypothesis is that they may undergo less IM distortion, but will probably also offer less sweet highs/more beaming, unless there is a change in manufacture. I can;t wait to get them and listen to them!
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Jensen PM15A
Next Topic: Array position
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 20:27:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers