Home » Audio » General » Hi Kids
Hi Kids [message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 14:40 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
We're all alive - first internet access - on a wifi point near LSU - house kind of smashed up - no nothing - we're stayiing in a student squat in Baton Rouge - shipping out the two youngest kids and the dogs on sunday to my sister's on cape cod - homeless for a while i expect.

nothing you've seen or heard begins to describe what's happening - unimaginable is the least effective description possible - bodies floating around - no help anywhere near the city until today - now they're acting like heroes - the most shameful thing i've ever seen or heard of. even though they've brought stuff in today they're still not distributing it - people continue to die from exposure and dehydration.

stupid me, i deal with a local bank - no access to saving because they can't get their shit together - credit card still works though - we can hang for quite a while yet.

thanks to everybody for your thoughts, prayers and expressions of concern - my whole family is touched and appreciates it very much.

probably no communication for a long time, but i'll remember your thoughtfulness for the rest of my life.

Charlie

Re: Hi Kids [message #2166 is a reply to message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Glad your well Charlie,
If I can send you anything to help out email me or my phon # is on the website

wish you and everyone down there the best

bill

Re: Hi Kids [message #2167 is a reply to message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thrilled to hear from you. Especially from a Hurricane Andrew survivor.
Prayers for you, your family and all our Gulf Coast friends.

Alright! [message #2168 is a reply to message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm so glad to hear from you! You've been the subject of discussions here for the whole week.

I'm sooooo sorry for you, and can't imagine what you're going through. But I'm glad you're alive. Glad you have kept a line on resources too. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Re: Hi Kids [message #2169 is a reply to message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey Charlie; Got your flippers on?
Sorry for your loss; please keep us posted.
Good Luck and Godspeed mi amigo.

Re: Response [message #2170 is a reply to message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Glad to here your familie's all right. WISH the best of luck for the future. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Bill W.

Re: Hi Kids [message #2171 is a reply to message #2165] Fri, 02 September 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Today I was trying to figure out how to make a small
donation directly into the churches or other
direct relief organizations which are local and use
100% of the donation for the most needy.

Anybody have a line on that?

I am going to try and see if I can get an answer directly
from a reporter at the Times Picayune (which I don't even
know how to spell.)

Re: Hi Kids [message #2176 is a reply to message #2165] Sun, 04 September 2005 12:31 Go to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
We have the similar (war) situation here, a few years ago - hundreds of thousands of refugees, without homes, property, anything. I know that home is not just a building, and that human unfairness hurts a lot. But, people can and must live further, they somehow found the strength in their families, friends and good people who helped.
My best wishes and prayers to you and your family, and to all other people there.

Previous Topic: Yes absolutely
Next Topic: Happy Labor Day!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:39:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout