Home » Audio » Speaker » coral 8 drivers best use
coral 8 drivers best use [message #21418] Wed, 25 January 2006 05:13 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Does anyone have any history about the use of and quality of the Coral 8---- I keep seeing these on e-bay and they are not cheap----Some guys in Europe rave about them and I see them in an array of boxes----so what is the scoop? Are they better than Fostex? Lowther wanta bees? JD

Re: coral 8 drivers best use [message #21420 is a reply to message #21418] Wed, 25 January 2006 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Jim,
I do not know if you have been to this website. But, Howard is a wealth of knowledge about fullrange speakers, and is very accessible for answering questions. I inquired about smoke Coral drivers a while back, and he was very helpful.
He has had many Coral drivers, and even sales a few now and then on Ebay.
I hope this helps.
Norris

Re: coral 8 drivers best use [message #21428 is a reply to message #21418] Mon, 06 February 2006 16:51 Go to previous message
Kim Schultz is currently offline  Kim Schultz
Viscount
I like the Corals better when used in a BH or in another direct radiation cabinet.

But in a FH, I think the Lowthers are much better.

The Corals offers are very smooth balanced sound, and the build quality is really something else.

Previous Topic: ANyone hear ever hear phy-p drivers?
Next Topic: Active Crossover Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:15:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout