Home » Audio » Speaker » Lowther EX-2 installed
Lowther EX-2 installed [message #21333] Tue, 01 November 2005 12:36 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Got the Lowther EX-2 installed in King BR cabinets and am having a blast---I thought I was getting DX-2's and had them a month before my engaged the small print on the ffront of the driver (Duh!) Still, they make pretty nice bass and are great top end ----still may "tinker" with that parallel cap as there might be a tad bit "shout" but plan to enjoy for the time being !!! Cassandra Wilson is the berries!!!! Jim ( Thanks to Mr King on helping with the port specs too!)

Re: Lowther EX-2 installed [message #21334 is a reply to message #21333] Tue, 01 November 2005 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Jim,

So how do they compare to the Fostex drivers? I would be interested in knowing the strengths and weaknesses of both, what you like and dislike about each.

Martin

Re: Lowther EX-2 installed [message #21335 is a reply to message #21333] Wed, 02 November 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Jim,
SOunds good. WE all need to hear it real soon!
-akhilesh

Re: Lowther EX-2 installed [message #21336 is a reply to message #21333] Wed, 02 November 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
If you would like to try DX2's, carefully pry the rear cover off of the drivers, and presto! DX2's. The DX2 binding posts are still there under the cover. If you prefer the EX2's, put the covers back on. They are glued on with a bead of silicon seal.

The shout will go away with time. It is also helpful to pack a roll of polyfill under the whizzer cone.

Bob

Re: Lowther EX-2 installed [message #21337 is a reply to message #21336] Thu, 03 November 2005 08:15 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ther eshoud not be a shout with the new drivers, as of the last couple of years. Lowther redesigned the whizzer to eliminate it.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: DIY2005 Orlando thanks
Next Topic: Thanks Spkerman57!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:36:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers