Home » Audio » Speaker » installing Lowthers in King BR box
installing Lowthers in King BR box [message #21331] Thu, 20 October 2005 12:21 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Martin can you run your CAD software to see if there needs to be any changes in the port on the standard King BR box ___I have Fostex in them now with a 4" dia port with a 6" tube -----thes speakers came in the "Medellion" cabinet but don't really get down on any bass at all ( to me) I'm using the DX-2 driver (almost forgot) Jim

Re: installing Lowthers in King BR box [message #21332 is a reply to message #21331] Fri, 21 October 2005 05:04 Go to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi Jim,

The only change to the port is to shorten it to two inches long, The Lowther has a higher fs then the Fostex so the enclosure needs to be tuned higher.

If you are using a correction circuit you may also need to reduce the parallel resistor a few ohms. Take a look at my updated correction circuit values in Project 5 and select a smaller resistor then you are using and the corresponding inductor. I also found that adding a small cap in parallel helped bring up the high end a little, this cap and its value is shown in my Project 4 final circuit.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Previous Topic: Array Me in the Right Direction
Next Topic: DIY2005 Orlando new venue info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:52:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers