Home » Audio » Speaker » Diatone
Diatone [message #21200] Wed, 10 August 2005 15:09 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anyone have any experience with this SD?

Re: Diatone [message #21217 is a reply to message #21200] Thu, 11 August 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
I got three pair of P-610MB from Koji when they were closing out. Rolled over on one in a drunken stupor, so I now have 2½ pairs.  Idiot.  They were the original designated driver for my SuperPipe:

Ta Dah!

As you will see in the page, I do not consider this a true fullrange, though some important sources will disagree.  In my Very Small opinion, they are the absolutely best widerange I have heard.  From 80Hz - 12KHz, they have the best sound I have ever heard in a speaker.  You hear difficult to reproduce (steelstring or classical guitar, grand piano, tenor sax, human voice) instruments you are familiar with through these things, you will catch your breath.  It's so real.  The high color of timbre throughout the range surpasses anything I have heard.

I'm trying to decide what to do with these.  My current thought is to biamp; use some ANIMAL 18" woofer on one amp for the bottom, the Diatone fullrange with a supertweet on a ~1µF cap on a nice little tube amp for the rest of the range.  This might be the Sound We Strive For.

You want to know what I think of these, as a potential resource?  I have two pairs.  I will sell you one of these pairs (leaving me the odd one as a spare) for $10,000.

Make that $20,000.

Poinz

Re: Diatone [message #21220 is a reply to message #21217] Fri, 12 August 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I can write you a check. On the sawtooth national bank. You won't need credentials, they know me there.
I am intriqued; so when you were drunk you thought it would be a good idea to take out your Diatone's to look at them and fell asleep?

Re: Diatone [message #21227 is a reply to message #21220] Sun, 14 August 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
Yup.

A real head-slapper.

P.

Re: Diatone [message #21341 is a reply to message #21200] Sat, 05 November 2005 16:54 Go to previous message
ARTIdaho is currently offline  ARTIdaho
Chancellor

Damn!! this's what we're talk'n about!! You are an engineer, artist and craftsman all rolled into one.......I have a gut feeling that this is approaching perfection! :), Chuck

Previous Topic: Probably a dumb question, but I'm old (and new....)
Next Topic: macintosh xrt 29
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 20:21:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout