Home » Audio » Speaker » Can single driver speaker rock?
Re: Can't stand it any longer... [message #21108 is a reply to message #21107] Thu, 28 July 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,

Cheap travel arrangements are always prefered, but that's not the main problem. My arms and shoulders just aren't up to a drive like that. I'd have to find someone from this area who would be going that I could make arrangements with (someone with the space for instruments and large open-baffles.) Anyone from central Michigan going?

Dave

Re: Can't stand it any longer... [message #21110 is a reply to message #21108] Thu, 28 July 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Earl Geddes is in Michigan, so maybe you and he can come together. He drove down last time. As the time draws near for the 2006 show, be sure and ask around.

Re: Can't stand it any longer... [message #21140 is a reply to message #21103] Thu, 04 August 2005 07:18 Go to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Made another revision to the open baffle. I replaced the LS-12's with a pair of LS-8's, using a round adaptor board. Just a bit more refined sound. I really get into the OB sound, so big and open. The high Q EV drivers are a natural for OB's, and can be found well under $100 a pair at places like epay. They do require use of a sub and tweeter above 10 kHz.

I'm using home-made wooden phase plugs on the LS-8's. Smoothes things out nicely.

Dave

Previous Topic: ESL Bias Supply Filtering Update
Next Topic: OMS 2020 array - pics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 20:42:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers