Home » Audio » General » OT: Are there web hosts with templates so I don't have to learn another freaking software package?nt
OT: Are there web hosts with templates so I don't have to learn another freaking software package?nt [message #2104] Sun, 14 August 2005 10:43 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Web hosts with templates . [message #2105 is a reply to message #2104] Sun, 14 August 2005 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
Hey, Bill,

Just Google up 'web page templates'. Your first screen will say something like, '1 - 20 of about 28 million web page templates.'

Be polite.  Find one you like and use it, and in the colophon at the bottom of your page, say, 'Page template by WebMonkey.com', with the name heated up (made a link to WebMonkey.com).  This is netiquette; when you use somebody's publically provided content on your page, you acknowledge them and provide a direct link to their page.

You can ignore this politic, but it's not nice.

Aloha,

Poinz

Re: OT: Are there web hosts with templates so I don't have to learn another freaking software packag [message #2107 is a reply to message #2104] Mon, 15 August 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Bill,

Been there, done that.

The ONLY way to do HTML is to hand code it using a simple HTML editor. I use 1st Page 2000 - HTML Editor. It's free and reasonably easy to figure out. You can buy MS's Front Page for $125 and create hugely bloated, so-so pages, but in the end you're going to have to do some hand coding.

Go down to your local book store and buy "Creating a Web Page with HTML" by Elizabeth Castro. This will get you started. While you are there, buy a copy of her "HTML for the World Wide Web". This is the advanced stuff.

Every thing that Poindexter said, but once you have your template, you have to hand code your own info.

Bob

Re: OT: Are there web hosts with templates so I don't have to learn another freaking software packag [message #2113 is a reply to message #2104] Mon, 15 August 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
Any of the larger hosts will offer a package with templates, so you don't have to code anything--just type in the info you want to add or change. I know Register.com has it and 1and1.com has something called "WebsiteCreator", that allows you to have a 12 page site up and running quickly.

However, you will quickly tire of the limitations of those and have to learn to code. There are some nice starting templates on http://www.oswd.org/ and http://www.virtualpromote.com/ that will also get you going quickly.

Regards,

Lee

Re: OT: Are there web hosts with templates so I don't have to learn another freaking software packag [message #2114 is a reply to message #2113] Mon, 15 August 2005 20:54 Go to previous message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
BTW, go to download.com and download HTML kit. This is a great free editor.

Regards,

Lee

Previous Topic: wrongsideofthetracksaudiofest
Next Topic: MG 1's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:24:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers