Home » Audio » Speaker » 8" Fostex Ideal Axis listening position
8" Fostex Ideal Axis listening position [message #20815] Mon, 11 April 2005 17:01 Go to next message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
I'm designing my own cabinets for a 8" Fostex 206 driver. They are going to be fixed cabinets and therefore I need to design in the Ideal Angle of the driver in relation to the listener's head. While laying in my waterbed, in the sweet spot. These speakers will be mounted to the foot of the bed with the backs of the speakers on the same plane as the outer surface of the 9" waterbed end framing. Given a fixed sweet spot on the bed. They will have toe-in and toe-down designed into the cabinets to allow the drivers to be in their Ideal position. My question in obvious, those of you who have these drivers, do they like to be on axis,or.... Thanks, Pete

Re: 8" Fostex Ideal Axis listening position [message #20817 is a reply to message #20815] Mon, 11 April 2005 20:22 Go to previous message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
How many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?

Really, there are a lot of room dynamics involved in setting up speakers, and the best setup in one circumstance may not work at all in another. For instance, yours is a really different setup. How are you treating the headboard behind you?

That said, I find full-rangers work best ~10º off-axis toed so as to cross behind the listening position, but no more than 30º toe-in. Otherwise, the image in between the speakers will be unstable.

Bob

Previous Topic: New Woofers: now what?(long)
Next Topic: Iconic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:35:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout