Home » Audio » Speaker » SFRD projects
SFRD projects [message #20721] Tue, 01 March 2005 07:48 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Just got to jump in for those guys looking for new speakers---Ok, for starters (and don't think I know so much as I too came here looking and found great advise, thoughts, comments some really nutty Audiophiles ) Go to Kings web site and print it out and read up!! This guy knows his stuff as his DIY projects are as easy as it gets--a very good place to start--Brines is another-- ( mail my kickbacks too ......) #2 search the web for some Voight pipes--If you can cut ply wood with a table saw you can build martins's BR boxes and some voight pipes---excellent speakers guys---not just for the money ( which makes these projects jaw dropping great!!) You will be building and listening too speakers better than anything I know of for 3-4 times the money invested---GREAT starting place ( assuming you are like most of us and never satisfied --it's an audio thing--or as a female friend remarked--"You guys and your speakers!!!?--- and you don't understand women and shoes!!!???) Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. Jim

Re: SFRD projects [message #20723 is a reply to message #20721] Tue, 01 March 2005 11:55 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Hey Jim, you going to be at the Great Plains Audiofest? Check the General forum for details. Brad Smith is doing some work for me and we talked about you the other day. He and I go way back. He said he built some cabinets for you, the Martin King designs, I think.

Previous Topic: On the Specification of Moving-Coil Drivers for Low-Frequency Horn-Loaded Loudspeakers
Next Topic: correction of high freq(206e in a Jeriko)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:27:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio